Can’t remove additional mailbox(es) from Outlook 2010
When you can’t delete it by the following procedure:
1. Right click the Mailbox you wish to remove (or your Mailbox).
2. Select DATA FILE PROPERTIES.
3. In the GENERAL tab, click ADVANCED.
5. In the “Open these additional mailboxes” list, select the one you want to get rid of, and click the REMOVE button.
6. Click OK… OK… OK… OK… until there are no more OK’s to click! 🙂
The mailbox you wish to delete is not located in the “open these additional mailboxes” field.
To remove it:
Open the exchange console and remove the ‘Full access permission’ from the account which you want to delete from your Outlook.
Next, on the client PC (Outlook)
Open regedit and go to:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\
Now search the subfolders for the mailbox you wish to delete and remove the entire subfolder.
(You may wish to ‘export’ the subfolder first in case something goes wrong).
Note: Outlook should not be open when you do this.