To export a folder or set of folders from Outlook 2010 you do the following:
1. Open Outlook and go to File -> Open -> Import
2. Choose ‘Export to a file’
3. Choose ‘Outlook data file (.pst)’
4. You will see the folderstructure of you Inbox, choose which folder(s) you wish to export and dont forget the option ‘Include subfolders’.
5. Give the location of where you want to save your Outlook data file. Dont overwrite any existing .pst files and give it a new name.
6. If disired choose a password and click ‘Ok’.
The export will now be started and you cant use Outlook during this process.
To export a folder(s) from Outlook 2010 do this:
Step 1: Open Outlook 2010 and go to File -> Open -> Import
Step 2: Choose ‘Export to a file’
Step 3: Choose ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)
Step 4: You will now get the see the folder structure of your mailbox, choose which folders you want to export and if needed select ‘Include subfolders’
Step 5: Give a location where the export saves the .pst file. And select, ‘Replace duplicates with items exported’. Make sure you give the .pst a new name. Click Finish.
Step 6: If you want, you can give the .pst file a password.
The export is now running, you can’t use Outlook while it’s running.